Thursday, December 19, 2013

I dislike pickles.

So I woke up this morning with the interwebs all a twitter with opposing views regarding Phil Robertson's interview in which he was asked and truthfully replied about his views on homosexuality.

Answer summed up: He is going to treat everyone with respect regardless of beliefs, but he feels homosexuality is sin.

Apparently people are shocked by his answer. I really don't understand why.

This is a multi millionaire who lives in a house the size of a double wide trailer, still hunts for most of his food, calls anyone a "yuppie" who is into technology, fashion, or hygiene....A man who prays before his meals, regularly quotes scripture, and reads the bible daily.

Did someone actually think he was gonna be this liberal tolerant gay-lovin' teddy bear? Really?

This alone blows my mind.

Secondly, dude- he never said he hates homosexuals, that they should all die, God hates fags, or any of the far worse things I have been pained to see in my lifetime.  He was very clear he loves and respects everyone's decisions but this is what he believes.

Our country apparently now thinks if we don't all believe the same way we hate each other.  I think we are all forgetting that our country was founded on the fact that we can be different from each other and still live together in harmony.  We have overcome so much, and guess what, we will overcome this too.  No one needs to leave, or be taken off the air, or die.  we have to continue to live together and make mistakes and learn to love each other even if the other person is "wrong"

I dislike pickles.  I am allergic to cucumbers so sometimes they give me an itchy throat but beyond that I don't like the flavor. I don't like having to bite into something really cold. I think they are too loud when I chew them.  I don't like the added texture on my hamburgers. I however do not care or mind if others like them, even love them, or just feel very strongly about them.  I will personally not eat pickles because its my opinion they are unpleasant.  You may disagree. You may even unfollow my blog now. Im ok with that.  If you feel that strongly about pickles, more power to you.

People may laugh or argue the issues at play are far bigger than this. But why are they? Because people choose for them to be.  How do Gay people living their lives effect Phil Robertson? They don't.  How does Phil Robertson's opinion effect you? It shouldn't, just like my opinion of pickles.

A lot of religions have a lot of beliefs that you probably disagree with. Jewish and Muslim people don't eat pork.  I do, because, bacon. Some people take more than one wife. I don't because: 3 women under the same roof on their periods at the same time.  The list goes on.  I don't mind these people.  You are leaving more bacon for me.

I don't really know how to close this off, because I am really just rambling at this point, but I felt I should say something.  Love everyone, because, they are worth it. Whether you are a beardy hillbilly or a fabulous fashionista, you are loved, you are unique, and you are awesome to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment